Sunday, July 5, 2009

Farewell

Thanks for the Memories!




Being your 2008 Little Miss Lumbee has truly been “The Best of Both Worlds.” Getting to play princess all year while representing our Tribe and learning about our culture has been so much fun. It has also been a great honor to be an Ambassador for the Lumbee people. I have enjoyed going to all the powwows, parades, school shows, and the many other events in which I participated.

The past twelve months have really flown by, and there are so many people that I would like to thank. First of all, I want to thank God for blessing me in so many ways, including making me His child. Next, I have the greatest family in the world. They have supported me in every way possible, and I love them so much. Mom and Dad, thanks for teaching me that beauty comes from the inside. Nicholas, you are the greatest brother a girl could ask for. Thank you to my Nana for spending countless hours making my dresses, my regalia, and my dance costumes. To my Aunt Alicia, thank you for doing my hair and makeup and making sure I had the bling-bling all year. To Mrs. Donna Lowry, Mrs. Pam Spaulding, and all of my sponsors, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you helped me with. I could not have done it without your support.

Kayla, Page, and Miss Ashley, I am so glad to have been on this journey with you. We laughed; we cried; we danced; and we sang. But, most of all, we had a lot of fun. Thank you for treating your “little sister” so well. To Miss Margie, thanks for looking out for my Mom all year. The two of you made a great team.

Finally, good luck to all the 2009 contestants and best wishes to the next Little Miss Lumbee. I hope you enjoy representing our people as much as I did.

Farewell from your 2008 Little Miss Lumbee,
Emily Drew Chavis

No comments: